We're looking for senior and lead python developers to join our existing team and help us develop and oversee the implementation and delivery of our products.
Ideally you will be opinionated in your tastes as to how you approach problems, but also open to ideas and have a pragmatic streak that helps deliver them.
At Ostmodern we're renowned for our innovative video-on-demand products such as the highly acclaimed BFI Player running on our own VOD platform, Skylark. As a developer working at Ostmodern you will have the chance to evolve and shape Skylark over the next few years, and we can't wait to bring more brains on board to make Skylark smarter, more powerful, and unique.
Outside of VOD we have a diverse range of products, having recently developed a number of healthcare applications for use in hospitals, and won awards for the editorial-led Arsenal FC site.
We love developers who are willing to try something new, and there will be plenty of opportunity to widen your skills into other technologies. We have teams working on Smart TV, iOS, Android and other embedded platforms and regularly share knowledge and skills across a range of technologies irrespective of coding background.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Plan and architect products and their technical solutions to a high standard.
- Support products with Devops/Sysadmin expertise, setup of deployment and testing environments.
- Communicating with multi-disciplinary internal and external teams to ensure high quality project deliveries.
- Support more junior members of staff, assisting in their development (as individuals) and reviewing their code.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology developments and be prepared to present them internally and to clients.
- Python and well-known MVC frameworks Django and Flask
- Git in conjunction with github and git-flow
- Deploying products using tools such as Jenkins
- Vagrant and Puppet/Chef
- Familiar with Debian/Ubuntu and the CLI
Would be great if you knew about these:
- Other linux distributions such as CentOS
- Front-end technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Front-end frameworks and libraries (such as Grunt, SASS, Bootstrap)
- Caching systems and non-relational databases
- OVPs and Video players
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV, a bit about yourself, and links to any accounts on GitHub, BitBucket, etc.